Oh Jonny....

This isn't a review for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, but let me just say.. it looks ridiculous. And not ridiculously good. Eeesh.

Well, on to happier things, like making money! Percy Jackson::::: did not fail us! It was a pretty good long with an adjust up to H$85. I planned on holding it short after that, but just unloaded it instead. Good thing too, it only has dropped to around H$77 for now and appears to be stable. Money was better used elsewhere.

On to the new movie! Alice in Wonderland is Tim Burton's first movie since Sweeny Todd in December of 2007. That did pretty poorly, considering his past success, but really, it was a musical. What do you expect? Anyhoo, fans are ready for classic Tim Burton weirdness. While I feel that his latest is far too over the top to enjoy, I'm pretty sure the majority of moviegoers don't feel that way. It's really got great appeal for everyone - some action, it's rated PG for the kidlins, it's got appeal for old school Alice fans, Tim Burton attraction, 3D (if you like that sort of headache-inducing thing), lots of iffy CGI, and dreamy dreamy sexy Jonny Depp. Oh Jonny.. bring me at least $80M opening weekend so that I can adjust up to around H$216 and then continue to hold long while it rakes in the money.

This is a big bet for us at the Kids Fund. It's about 1/5 of our cash tied up in this gamble, but I've taken some criticism to heart and I'm going to play more short term and more aggressive on openers for a little bit and see if we can't get some growth.

Fingers crossed! If you see the movie, let me know how it is!

Comments

Popular Posts