When you wish upon a concept...

Okay, welcome back! Or welcome me back! Sorry for the brief break. I *have* been keeping up with the fund, but have been a bit busy to write up a post. I also got marriedorsomethingnobigdeal.

So, let's just into previous performance shall we?

Planet 51 - WRONG. We were long, it didn't make money. I thought it would, really I did.

Twilight: New Moon - RIGHT! Oh so massively right! However, it has dropped a good bit, but we're still up a lot. I can't wait for it to delist, since 1/3 of portfolio is in New Moon stock (the rest is in Twilight 3 stock).

Fantastic Mr. Fox - WRONG! Why, I don't know. But it didn't make much money. I though it was.... fantastic, but then again I'm an animation nerd.

So on to more animation. Opening this weekend is The Princess and the Frog. I didn't particularly care for the trailers, but I'm not really in the princess demographic. I feel like Disney is pushing the concept and style more than they are the story. Not that kids are big into story, but as a parent, I don't think I'd like to sit through that one. Who knows... it made $3M plus in two theaters, so it may be huge. I think it'll be closer to predictions, around the $25M mark. It should have decent legs, but I don't think it'll top it's price at the moment within 4 weeks. I'll be sure to flip it to long if it appears to pick up steam into the Christmas season.

The only big movie opening will be Alvin and the Chipmunks 2. Sad for Christmas time moviegoers, happy for Alvin and Sherlock Holmes raking in most of the holiday cha-ching. I'm not sure if the The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus counts as a kids movie. I will assess before Christmas, obviously.

Comments

Popular Posts