Double Your Pleasure!

Double your fun! With double feature 3D movies!

Weird, I know, but we have to talk about it. First, a recap from our previous episode...

Last time on KIDS Fund Blog: Cloudy, with a chance of meatballs. That was the forecast for our hero running the KIDS Fund. He made a daring choice - holding it long! Would it work out, or would it be Transformers 2 all over again! Find out next time in.... CLOUDY, WITH A CHANCE OF FAILURE!
Our gamble acutally did work out quite nicely. There was a slight upward adjust to H$81 from H$76, and it's continued to climb to around H$94 where it sits now. It had a great 2nd weekend and is at $64M as of Wednesday. I expect that it could hit close to $100M by the 4th weekend, but we shall see. I'll keep holding it long though.

Just for fun, let's look at the track record for your new manager so far:

Transformers 2: Wrong
Ice Age 3: Wrong
G-Force: Right
Aliens in the Attic: Right
GI Joe: Wrong
Shorts: Right
9: Right
CWCM: Right
Oo, I have a streak going! I'm apparently terrible at predicting big movies, great with the little guys. That's how it goes. I'm hoping Christmas season will be better to me than the summer.

Let's talk about this... thing.... Toy Story 3D Double Feature. The Toy Story 2 3D stock will most likely delist where it stands at halt. Not really worth keeping any cash in it. The Toy Story 3D stock will be the one to adjust. Theater count is just over 1700, but the "movie" is several hours long. Most theaters will be able to get in 3 or 4 screenings only. I'm going with a short on this. I'm not sure how short, but I think it's going to be pretty bad. On top of that, it won't have 4 weeks to reach its adjust point, so it'll be a serious post adjust short anyway. It has 2 weeks, and a 10 minute intermission (thank you, google!). That's my position, and I'm sticking by it.

Hopefully I'll be extending the winning streak and the monies. We have one week off, and then we'll be tackling the very exciting Where the Wild Things Are. Stay tuned, see movies!

Comments

Popular Posts