HSX Kids Fund Post: KIDS and Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief

It's not often I'll comment on a movie, but I think The Lightning thief deserves a special mention, since it's our new movie opening up. Here are another set of loved (enjoyed?) books that will go the way of Narnia. It's a Fox Pictures film, but it stinks of Walden. In summarize, it looks terrible. If Logan Lerman is as great in this movie as he was in Gamer, we'll be all set.

Seriously, who would steal from Thor?

Let's talk money: Movies like this tend to do well opening weekend, until people figure out what's been done. It started with a high value of H$93 in mid-January, but has continued to tumble down until it's at the point it is today. I'd normally go with the flow, but it's gotten to a break-even point of $30M. I really am not comfortable shorting something that has a potential to be very big. Based on the performance, I think it will be a post-adjust long-term short.

As for our last time around, Spy Next Door was a slight short, but we made it up in the post-adjust short, so no worries there. We missed Tooth Fairy...I think my mind was protecting me from its existence.

Happy trading!

Comments

RazorHawk said…
Hey Colin,

Your manager description on HSX for the Kids Fund no longer has a link to this webpage. You should contact Macdaddy@hsx.com and have them provide a link to this page.

Popular Posts